Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fair Haul

It was a lovely day for a Knitters Fair & a whole lot of other knitters agreed - it was packed out!!

I dropped off the Beverly Cardigan & Ginormous Cowl by Julie's, walked around a bit chatting up so many friends that I hadn't seen in ages, got to work in The Needle Emporium booth for a bit. Julie had a Christel Seyfarth theme going on; I was very lucky that Julie didn't have a kit for
the Flower Jacket (on the mannequin on the right in the 1st picture) there - I'd have bought nothing else!! Julie's Malthese Shawl was amazing!!

Elise & I walked around and found scored some excellent things.


1. 100% Irish linen, Pinks & Cayenne from Clever Cat Knits
2. 5 skeins of undyed silk/wool/nylon (thanks Elise!!!) the possibilities abound
3. latest Debbie Bliss magazine
4. 100% Baby Alpaca, Pinks from Clever Cat Knits
5. 100% Cashmere, Ebony Wine from Zen Yarn Garden - I think that it will be a Lina chemo cap
And holding it all is a shallow Soak bucket.
Oh - and I also scored more drive band for Douglass from the Black Lamb. Seriously, if Mischief chews through this batch she had better not shed her nice warm under coat because she will be an outdoor cat!!

The only regret that I have on the day is that I didn't buy a skein of Blot sock yarn from Viola. Their booth was lovely, the girls were so nice and their yarns had such a wonderful depth and intensity of colour!! The yarn labels were all hand stamped - I loved them!! Ah well, they're on Etsy so I will have to visit them there.

I want to give a special shout out to Judy who brought 2 garbage bags full of yarn as well as 4 boxes of needles, patterns and accessories for me to pass along to Gilda's House. Awesome, that's all I can say - Thanks Judy!!!

1 comment: