Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Local News

An Angus man was involved in the attempted suicide of a local deer early this morning. While Mr. Prescod and the deer are unharmed, Mr. Prescod's vehicle sustained damages. As sickening as these images are, this reporter is relieved that damages were limited to the car and were not more severe. The deer - who fled into a nearby wooded area after his (ill-advised) undertaking was thwarted - remains unidentified and has not come forward to apologize to Mr. Prescod for !*^@&~# up his day and his car.
Neighbours who know the Deers' said that they "never saw this coming. They're so quiet and usually keep to themselves."
Area wildlife experts say that the recent time change and erratic weather can contribute to bizarre and unexplained behaviour. "Motorists are often unwittingly involved in these all too frequent incidents. No doubt Mr. Prescod's defensive driving skills prevented a fatality today."
The Prescods' vehicle is being assessed and their insurance company had no definitive comment at press time.

On a much happier note, Wannietta had a wonderful morning with the Sit n Knit group.
Here Joan is seen imparting sage advice on the intricacies of making a snowman on the Knifty Knitter. SheriLynn was delighted to have this expert at hand while Mary listens attentively for any bits that she can put to use on the hat that she is making for her son. These Knifty Knitters are like giant spool knitters and have a very addictive effect. Bulky yarn (or doubled-stranded KW) is used so progress is rapid. Joan is quite the skilled designer using these colourful looms - she started working on a Santa as we Sat n Knit.

And on a lighter note, Wannietta has chosen to believe the following (despite her unfailing logic!):

Your Birthdate: September 25

You excel at anything difficult or high tech.
In other words, you're a total (brilliant) geek.
It's difficult for you to find people worth spending time with.
Which is probably why you'll take over the world with your evil robots!

Your strength: Your unfailing logic

Your weakness: Loving machines more than people

Your power color: Tan

Your power symbol: Pi

Your power month: July

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad 'Mr. Prescod' is okay ... Hopefully the deer isn't suffering.

    Have a great day! :)

    PS. I noticed you were born in the year of the rooster and your profile picture is a chicken -- coincidence or done on purpose?! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  2. A total fluke - I just decided to change my picture today and Babs was it. I'm not an astrological follower, but now that you mention it, I did now that the Rooster was my year.
    You gave me my laugh of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your deer incident. Those things can really shake a person up (I had a deer bounce off the side of my car a couple of years ago and it scared the crap outta me).

    As for Sit N Knit...someone there has a felted Noro bag that looks EXACTLY like one I am making now for my "Booga Bag" class. Cooool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to be of giggle service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Mr.Prescod faired okay even if the car didn't. I hit a deer once and felt so bad that I kept saying "I killed Bambi" for 2 days. But now that I look at it, he may have been attempting suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee - That's actually my Booga bag (but a little larger). I had it out because Mary said "felting" and I had something felted!

    lol Saun - Kerwyn was definitely not mumbling "Bambi", especially since it was fit enough to run away! But I hear ya - I felt queasy when I hit a squirrel once. I can't even imagine something with big doe eyes (groan).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell Kerwyn that if he wanted a new car there are easier ways to do it.
    Luckily he wasn't hurt!!

    ReplyDelete