Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Contest & Kaffe Fassett KAL


I have a contest currently running for this kit:


All you have to do is leave a comment telling me about your joy/happiness/passion in and/or about knitting. It can be about the process, the thrill of the chase or a special recipient. Or you can leave a comment linking to your blog if you have a picture that sums it all up! The contes
t is open until November 27th - but don't wait until the last minute. And it's not a secret - tell your friends to tell their friends.

I started my Tumbling Blocks cushion cover today. I thought that since I had joined the Kaffe Fassett KAL that I should do more knitting than alonging! It's starting out very nicely - I really love the bright colours.
I love KAL because they really motivate me to get projects done - especially those that are just sitting there begging to be given some attention. I loved them enough to buy them at one time, they just have been set aside because I'm so easily enticed by - well, by almost any new bit of yarn!

6 comments:

  1. I love the cushion. It's really neat! :) The colours are fabulous! KAL's get me motivated too -- kinda. I have a Branching Out (from Knitty) scarf I started with a KAL awhile back and am still only 75% done -- it has to be done by Christmas ... that should motivate me though. *lol*

    I see you got hooked up with blogrolling! Well done. :) It's so much easier than having a huge code in your blogger template, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the plunge - and it is easier. Thanks Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 AM

    I am addicted to knitting. I wake up in the morning and after thanking the lady upstairs for another glorious day, I start to think about "Oprah" which coincides with the time of day that I sit down to knit. My blog is dedicated to my joy, happiness and passion for my knitting. Samantha sent me over here. I just cannot resist a contest. Then when I saw the prize...something to knit...I just had to convince you of my love and addiction to knitting.

    I would also like to say that your tumbling blocks cushion is looking fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:32 AM

    I love knitting for my family. In each stitch is the joy and contentment that a person gets when thinking about their loved ones. I must say I imagine the looks on their faces when they open the package that I KNOW they want...I just have to get it done. Ahhh knitting, there is a "zone" one goes to when knitting. I love it so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:48 PM

    For me the pleasure of knitting is in the process. I love the various colours & textures flowing through my fingers. Right now I'm enjoying the gorgeous colours and lumps & bumps of NORO!

    Thanks for the contest, Wannietta.

    Love the colours in your cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:47 AM

    hi, found your blog thru the sockknitters list... love the pattern you are knitting there, something i have not tried yet!


    have a great day i will return:)

    Minnetta
    http://lavenderrose.net/knitting/

    ReplyDelete