Friday, March 9, 2007

Disappointment & Joy

I am a Rockin' Sock Clubber and have been eagerly - and yet, because I am accustomed to waiting for deliveries from the good 'ole USofA to arrive in The Frozen North, patiently - anticipating the delivery of my first package. When I sent Amanda to the mailbox today I was cautiously optimistic. She comes back and says, "There's a box for you!" And up the stairs I went, giggling like a crazy school girl. I will admit to a moment of intense disappointment when I realized that the box was not the right size and shape to be from BMFA.
To my credit, I didn't burst into tears
and run away to my room. I took the box from her and looked at the label. Joy returned to my heart! It was from Dave!!!
I had ordered a skein of yarn from Cabin Cove Mercantile on Sunday and the website says that he only goes postal on Saturdays (I can go postal at the drop of a hat, but it's nice that some people can schedule this kind of thing.) so I wasn't expecting the yarn until late next week, at the earliest.
A classic example of under promising & over delivering. Isn't it enticingly packaged? Very cabin-y & mercantile-ish. Inside was even better!!! I know!! Isn't is stunning? And it's luscious & soft and ... lavender!!! Dave included a little package of lavender. I will have to knit up a little sachet for it.
Awesome service - I will definitely be a repeat customer!!!

I had a few errands to run today and picked up some DVDs.
I loved the Fraggles when I was a kid & I haven't lost the love. I'll have hours & hours of laugh-out-loud entertainment to knit by. So if I don't answer the phone or e-mails, just give a shout - I'll be down in Fraggle Rock. Try to get the song out of your head now!!! BWA-HA-HA!


P.S. I do have a package notice from the Post Office. I'm quite certain that it's my Rockin' Sock Club package. I'll swing by tomorrow morning & fetch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment