1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart & Lion Brand?
Yes, yes and yes. No apologies.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No. Well I tried it but it was ugly. No, don't even try to make excuses for the rookie - there are no nice words for what I did to that bit of fleece. Yes, but as edgings or doilies. I haven't found a crocheted sweater that I like.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have some lovely decorative tins that I use.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
For about 30 years - definitely advanced. I can/will knit anything with a pattern, though I still really love the simplicity of st st when done with a luxutious yarn or interesting variegate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other on-line wish list?
6. What's your favourite scent (for candles, bath products, etc.)?
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
YES!!! I love chocolate - white & dark especially. I like cherry, strawberry, lemon & lime flavoured things. Definitely not orange or grape.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself kind of things do you like to do?
I love counted cross stitch - especially hand-painted fabrics (www.picturethisplus.com) and thread.
9. What kind of music do you like? Does your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Dance, house, rap, hip-hop. High energy, make me wanna move & groove kinda music! And yes.
10. What's your favourite colour? Or do you have a colour family/season/palette that you prefer? Any colour that you just can't stand?
I love blue and purple. Rich, deep jewel tones almost always suit me. Nothing dull or drab for this girl!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married for almost 17 years, a 14 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. And the recent addition of a kitten - Cheeky Monkey.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
13. What is/are your favourite yarns to knit with?
Rowan, Noro and Lorna's Laces.
14. What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
Cheap, bargain store acrylic!!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsessions?
I'm always knitting on a variety of things. Right now I am working on Jaywalker socks (there is always a pair of socks on the go), a Fiddlesticks shawl, the FLAK aran and a Knitty hat. I love all sorts of knitting, though Intarsia is my least favourite.
16. What is/are your favourite items to knit?
Just about anything interesting - not gloves.
17. What are you knitting right now?
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes - especially if it's something that I wouldn't make for myself.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straights. I knit like I have a knitting belt and find circulars awkward. There are times when I need them - afghans, circular sweaters & necks - but mostly I use straights.
20. Bamboo, aluminum or platic?
Aluminum & bamboo straights. Addi Turbo circulars.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes. A wooden swift and a standard plastic yarn winder.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me when I was little.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh crap - I'm not good at lying. It's got to be a good 10 years old. It is a lovely lace tablecloth that Chatelaine (the Cdn magazine) had. It's about 6' across when finished and I'm not even close. I don't hate it or anything, I just haven't picked it up in a very long time.
24. What is your favourite animated character or favourite animal/bird?
Hmmmmm. SpongeBob rocks - I guess that's the closest that I have to a fav animated character. I have a few sheep things (thanks to Julie!), but I don't really have a fav animal/bird.
25. What is your favourite holiday?
We don't celebrate the traditional holidays, but have made our wedding anniversary our family "do". I'm a sentimental sap, so it is easily my favourite!
26. Is ther anything that you collect?
Does yarn count? Except for the sheep, no.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to VK, FCEK and Rowan. I always buy IK and usually buy Knitters. I will buy Knitting (a British publication) if there are a couple of patterns that I like.
28. Are there any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there that you are dying to get your hands on?
Where to start? lol I would like the blue & green Barbara Walker books and to own a pair of the Lantern Moon needles.
29. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. 25.5cm from heel to toe & 10.2cm at the widest width. I like my socks to fit snugly.
30. When is your birthday?
September 25 - though I don't celebrate it. My anniversary (17 this year) is June 3rd)
This is great!!! Now everyone can get me the perfect gift!