Monday, January 2, 2006

Almost a free sweater!

So off we went today to buy me some Patons Classic Wool for the FLAK. Pia from Knitters' Bazaar had called me last week to let me know that Moda Dea will be investigating the dyelot problem that I had with Amanda's Sassy Stripes sweater. She convinced them that it was a glaring enough error that I should be issued a credit! So, with 20% off (say it with me with feeling people - SALE!!!) of the 9 balls of Classic Wool (that should be more than enough to cover my crippling Yarn Shortage Anxiety) and the aforementioned credit, this is almost a free sweater. Not that I wasn't going to enjoy knitting it already, but this is like the cherry on top of the whipped cream.
Of course, not being one to take the easy road, I am going to be substituting the suggested cables and after much research and narrowing of choices I have made all sorts of notes that should stand me in good stead for this project. I will be doing the cable swatch tonight - I hope that what is a good plan on paper translates as well to wool.
We took the kids to Pizza Hut for lunch. Amanda's school is participating in a reading incentive program that gives children who do their nightly reading all month long a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. She is very diligent about her reading as it is homework so this is a nice reward (for the whole family - hee hee). When she's good, she's very good!!

Julie is sending me more work and a surprise. Not that I don't love surprises but it's killing me to not know what it is!!! Julie knows what I like so I'm not concerned that it won't be wonderful, but it's that I like so much that I can't even narrow it down!! And saying that it is yarn/knitting related does not count as "narrowing it down". A sweet torture - good thing that I have about 20 things to take my mind off of it ... until i think about it. sigh

If you've read this far you deserve my apologies for no pictures. I hate that too ... I'm sorry. Tomorrow, pictures for you and you and especially you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment