Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh Wonderful Day!!!

I've gotten lazy about the mail and tend to only send Amanda across the road for it every 2-3 days. I have got to start checking the mail more often. My lovely Signature Needles arrived probably Thursday or Friday and I didn't get to open them until last night. I know!!! Cathy & Daniella included a purple pin - it's the closest that they have to pink right now - thanks ladies!!! Amanda needs to get off of Facebook and wind the yarn for her next mittens ... I need to cast on!!!

When I opened my email this morning there was a newsletter from The Needle Emporium. Sale?!? OMG!!! I have been wanting to knit a Morrigan (Rav link) for myself since I knit the sample for the book and Rowan Calmer being on sale was totally the impetus that I needed. I had my shade cards out but I still couldn't decide on a colour! There is nothing like having the yarn in hand, seeing whole balls of the colours so there was nothing for it -- off to Julie's!!! There was also the Molly scarf that I had finished that really needed to be delivered ;-).

I decided on the Drift - classic off-white which I can also wear to work at The Mighty Mart of Wal - for Morrigan, picked up a skein of DIC Classy in Spring Tickle for Mitten Mania '10 and scored the Holiday IK (I think that it was the last one that Julie had!!). And I got to see Julie - totally worth the drive to Ancaster!!

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you!! Thanks for making the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for wonderful days! May you have many more every month. Then fill in around them with mostly OK days, and you're set.

    ReplyDelete