Friday, February 3, 2006

Just in Time

As the snow begins to fall gently on the small northern town, panic quietly begins to spread. An unseasonably warm January has lulled this community into sporting a fall-like wardrobe and the white fluff swirling through the air is shattering their illusions. A lone citizen braves the alien landscape because she has a newly completed weapon against these Flakes of Death. So confident is she that she was seen laughing at this White Invasion. Fear not good citizens - winter can be defeated!!! Take heart and knit - knit now!!!
This Shedir fits a lot better - I re-knit it on 3.5mm needles.
Samantha - I used the Rowan Calmer called for in the pattern - it is very soft and cozy.
Robin - For my Jaywalkers, I used Regia Color #5440 (party color) and yes, it is the 4ply. I used 2.5mm needles and knit the large size.
Kenny - Yes, the Daisy Meadow Scarf is for a client; the same one for whom I am knitting the Flirty Ruffles Shawl. (for anyone curious about knitting 2 socks using the Magic Loop technique, Kenny is doing a tutorial on his blog!)


I also did a swatch on 3.25mm needles for the FRS yesterday. Isn't it lovely?! It is a bit small though, so I will be knitting another swatch today on a 3.5mm. Once I get the needle size down pat I will have to order a couple of long circular needles to do the ruffle. I am not scared or worried yet about the deadline - Olympic adrenaline or delusions of speed? Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. There are STILL no swirling flakes of death down here in Milton. Just dreary old rain. I'm no lover of cold weather but I do like a little bit of winter. Sheesh!

    Your Shedir looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Thanks for the info on the Jaywalkers! Your Shedir looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete