Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Would I do Without Knitting

So ... just one more day before I get pathology results from the surgery. I seriously don't know how people who don't have a hobby/distraction/obsession get through hard times. I still think about the endless "what if's" while I knit but having the yarn sliding through my fingers and fabric coming off of the needles keeps me from dwelling too deeply and gives me a zen kind of peace that keeps the demons at bay.

You're familiar with China Cl
ouds - I'm on to the RF now. After a wee OOPS! where I forgot to do the vent shaping on the border it's full steam ahead.

I started on the Beverly Cardigan
for Julie - deadline Knitters Fair. I got this.

The Creatively Dyed Sweet Spot strip is going great - noti
ce how just a wee change in tension changes the angle of the patterning. I knit that stretch at the beach - obviously quite relaxed. Still lovin' it!!

We went to the beach again ye
sterday - I taught Randy how to knit. After Nic & Krista learned Randy mentioned that he'd like to learn and what better place than at the beach. Another natural - he totally took to it!!!

My niece Chantal made me this lovely wall hanging - I don't know if she's heard me sing ... LOL.
Thanks Chantal - love ya!!!

2 comments:

  1. Chantal is aptly named. And she's a wise woman. At this time, you are singing for yourself, not some critical audience. Singing is good for you. So are funny movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sentiment expressed on the wall hanging and can't believe I've never heard it before. It's my new motto.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete