Sunday, February 17, 2008

Winners

I'm sorry it took so long for this post but it was an absolute whirlwind of a weekend!!

I am the 3rd fastest knitter in the world, behind Hazel Tindall
(#1) and Miriam Tegels (#2) and Jodi is the 2nd fastest crocheter in the world behind Lisa Gentry.
We competed with the best and came out with our heads held high. Look how happy we are all that it's over!

(l-r) Miriam Tegels, Lisa Gentry, Hazel Tindall, Wannietta Prescod, Ariella Lecuyer

They are all super nice ladies, wonderful ambassadors of their countries and knitting, and I really hope that we will be able to do this again next year!

I also met up with Annie Modesitt! She totally rocked the open speed knitting competition with 170sts (if I recall correctly) in 3 minutes! We didn't have time to really talk but she was just as sweet as she is on her blog and she gifted me with her flip books. OMG - they are amazing!!!

kmkat has a wonderful recounting of the event and some great pics on her blog.

I have video of the competition and as soon as I figure out how to get it off of the camcorder and onto the laptop I'll YouTube it.

No comments:

Post a Comment