Friday, May 10, 2013

Montréal Day 1

We had a lovely lie in; I went out and fetched coffee and a crèpe to break our fast and then around noon we headed out.

 
We walked and walked and walked. We passed a shipping container yard which I found interesting for it's patchwork patterns.















There was a lot of graffiti, some of which was very good!





















I thought that my Puma's were comfortable and appropriate for walking and they were; for the first 3 hours. After a light lunch at La Crème de la Crème including perfectly sour and refreshing lemonade we were on our way again through Old Montréal.










I absolutely love this blue cobblestone; Lee thinks that it's probably slate. It reminds me of worn and patched denim, new and faded indigo.

There were all sorts of interesting old bits that caught my eye.

My dogs were well and truly barking by the time that we got back to the hotel at 18:00. Habs fans were heading to the Bell Centre for what turned out to be a disappointing 5th game.
A wee nap, change of clothes and many plasters later we took the Metro to Plateau du Mont Royal and walked painfully ambled to L'Express for a lovely tea. It had been recommended to Lee by a mate years ago but was always full when he'd gone before. It was our night - tables were available! The waiter was a bit odd ... almost studiously ignoring us at times, but the food was very good. Lee had a hanger steak & frites and I savoured the grilled salmon on a bed of steamed spinach after starters of fish soup (Lee) and warm goat cheese salad (moi).
The shuffle back to the Metro and to the hotel was worth it. Spotted a PharmaPrix (Shoppers Drug Mart) where I could go in the AM to get some cushy blister plasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment