Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stop & Go

That's what I've been doing the last few days - starting this, stopping that, starting here, stopping there. I've finally stopped for long enough to catch you all up!

Elise's vest is almost done - I ran out of a colour 16 rows before the end of the back. We were 1 skein short on this colour so kind of anticipated this but still were hopeful tha
t it would have been just enough. No worries - it's on the way and then a couple of hours later it will be done.
Debra's sweater is moving along very quickly. I'm almost done the 2nd sleeve; the 1st one is already attached. I seamed it with a crocheted slip stitch - the stitches are impossible to see and this is a fast, efficient way to seam fluffy yarns. I'll get one of the kids to take a picture tonight.

I started a little sweater for Amanda out of Brazilia's Stop & Go. She has been whining at harassing reminding me that I've had this yarn for over a year now & "when are you going to knit my sweater?" I was going to do it on the sly and surprise her with it but she got such a forlorn, hard-done-by look on her face when a box of yarn for 3 projects for Kristi arrived and I had to tell her that it was "work knitting". I had to let her know that she had not been forgotten so I showed her the beginnings of her sweater. She was slightly mollified but she didn't seem overly hopeful that she'll get hers first any time soon. Note to self: Don't screw this up - you may need her to take care of you when you get old and you don't want her to cheap out on the yarn.

Picture This Plus makes the most wonderful hand-dyed cross stitch fabrics and their customer service is remarkable - in a good way! So, this comes in the mail & I'm torn between ripping it open straightaway and savouring the anticipation. I held out from noon until 4pm - that's pretty good ... isn't it?
Anyway, I'm on their Yahoo Group and they had a contest t
o match names to their 10 new fabric colours. It proved to be more challenging than they thought; the 2 winners won with 3 correct matches! Of course, once they gave us the answers and their reasoning it all made perfect sense!! Why do I tell you this story? I won! This is Calypso - isn't it wonderful? I love cross stitching but don't get to do it as much as I might like but that hasn't stopped me from accumulating a small reasonable stash of PTP fabrics.

Fiona took her knitters & model out to dinner last night. We dined in fine style at Asian Legend! Susan brought rings that she had made and all the ladies picked out our fav bling - Carol had a few rings of her own!! Joan's lights up - it is so not her that it suits her!!
Here we all are - Carole (I hope that you're the one with the "e"), Sandra, Susan, Susan, (I can't remember their last initials) Rob (Fiona's husband), Daryl (Rob's date Rebecah's husband), Rebecah, Joan, myself & Fiona. I'll try to persuade Kyle to do a nice montage and maybe he can fix Susan's blink (sorry Susan - I didn't notice it until I uploaded the pics). Yes, we all had the idea of knitting with our chopsticks! I knit on my SockHop sock for a bit before the food arrived - I asked Fiona ahead of time. I was just surprised that no one else was. Obviously a symptom of the depth of my addiction.

And before I left the house I had to fix this:
Yes, that was my scream that was heard around the world. After some fresh air and a glass of water to fend off the lightheadedness I pulled myself together and set to a solution. Fortunately I had a ball of the Felted Tweed on my shelf and a little duplicate stitch later it was like it had never happened.

Phew - I think that's it. I know - but if you're tired from reading it just imagine living it! I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment