Friday, December 8, 2006

Red at Morning ...

... Sailors take warning. Sailors and normal people who make plans that get screwed up. I had planned a totally focused day of knitting. I was going to resist the charms of Etienne and the lovely places that he takes me and be a diligent knitter. But you know what they say about the best laid plans. Yeah. Actually it kind of started last night. Imagine those dreamy waves that take you back in time...
If your butter is so soft right out of the fridge that it can be considered "softened", you might need a new fridge.
If your pierogies are not frozen enough to leave a dent when you poke them, you probably need a new fridge.
If your ice cubes can literally be poured, you definitely need a new fridg
e.

Well, it's not like it came out of the blue;
a few months ago the fan gave out but through some intense Emergency Refrigeration Intervention we brought him back but this time it proved to be too little too late.
So it was off to Leon's and this kitchen
will look very different tomorrow.

Amanda was out yesterday (and today) cleaning off the van. How sweet is this little girl? Bundling all up just to clean of my van!
We are also going to try home schooling after the winter break. Dr. Phil had a show on it a while back and was quite interested in it. Without encouragement her interest has not waned so I've looked into it & I think that we can do it. She is very conscientious - to the point of anxiety about her homework & assignments. She is very self-motivated and loves pursuing things that she learns at school in more depth at home. And if worse comes to worst I will take her back to school with my (handknit) hat in my hand and sign her up again. We'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment