Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Shawls Organized

So my shawl collection has been steadily growing over the last couple of years and the corner of the shelf that I was hanging them on was becoming woefully inadequate. I’ve been looking for a solution that was functional, attractive, and not take up too much space. A quilt rack has become a shawl rack! 

It’s Mary Poppins (practically perfect) and has room for many more shawls - yay!! 

While I was in The City picking up the loom on Saturday, I was just up from The Purple Purl, so I popped in to see what was to see. I don’t get into Toronto much, there had to be something new in the last 3 (?) years. 
I picked up a skein of a new-to-me yarn from Leo & Roxy  The name was the clincher. “Son of a Nutcracker” is my go to safe swear at work; it was the last skein and it was like it was just meant for me. It will knit up like a candy cane with a hint of the green. Gotta get these knit up for Xmas — next year!! Realistic goals - lol. 

Click on the photo and enlarge the fibre content - I love their sense of humour. 

1 comment: