Sunday, December 16, 2018

It’s beginning ...

So I haven’t ever had a Christmas tree for various reasons, (mostly I’m a Scrooge) but the kids will be coming up this year with my grandkids, and there’s nothing like babies to make you want to do things. 
So when I saw this tree at the Alliston Home Hardware, I knew that it was perfect! 

It takes up no floor space, which is becoming more and more a premium up in here, and suits my style. It looks painfully bare though!! I def need to go ornament shopping, but I don’t want just random generic ornaments, I want ornaments that have meaning, so it may take some years to deck out the tree. 

Craig and I dressed up for my works Christmas party last night.
We clean up well and the food at Tangle Creek was delicious and the company was delightful - all the Dairy Queens were beautifully turned out. 
I can share the afghan now that Julie has it. 





Have I mentioned that I love Bernard Blanket for afghans?!! Lol

I had the opportunity to buy a loom. The last few years at every yarn show I found myself looking at the Schact loom at the Gemini Fibre booth. I tried to justify the price and tell myself that I’d totally make all sorts of scarves, but I knew that knitting is my first love and I couldn’t just put her aside. So I just left the looms and kept thinking about them. 
An opportunity came up where a friend was selling her Cricket rigid heddle loom and it was a case of right time, right place. I couldn’t resist!!  
My sister jumped in to weaving with proper massive looms and her work is impressive and inspiring. I’m starting small, and while I have a loom now, with knitting deadlines looming (no pun intended) I’m not sure when I’ll get to YouTube and get it warped. But I am thrilled to have a new skill waiting to be learnt and mastered. I’m waiting to be inspired with a name for him/her. 

Top Secret Knitting has gone well today ... having live tv on the android box is a treat!! I watched my Vikings and Steelers take their games today. And I’ve indulged in some ridiculously trashy tv this evening - it’s easy to knit to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment