Friday, December 14, 2018

Secrets

I finished the blanket, but will wait to post a picture until it’s gifted. I am pleased with it. You all know what a fan of natural fibers, but at the risk of actually gushing, I am passionate about Bernat Blanket for blankets - adult and children. It is so cozy - both to knit with and snuggle into - and it washes well. The colour range is fabulous; something for everyone. 

My next project is a Top Secret Project, so that’s out. 

So I bring to you my latest yarn purchase! I’ve gone a little Turtlepurl fan girl lately. I’ve become a real fan of the dyed-to-match contrasting heel/toe skein. 

I know one young lady who will be stacking a claim to the Rasta. Winter is Coming and Dream Room are for my cold little piggies! My socks are starting to wear out at an alarming rate, so once I’m done the ones that I’ve promised for my workbesties, I’m onto socks for me. 

There are also cute puppy pics to fill the actually knitting gaps. 

I am also proud to share this year ago comparison pic.

I’ve been living la vida keto for 9 months now, and seeing a side-by-side like this makes every choice I’ve made worth it. It’s been a long row to hoe. Deciding to start and making that 100% commitment to myself was the key for me. I’ve done it (and continue to do it) one day at a time. It’s not a struggle; I enjoy the foods that I eat, and don’t generally long for sugars or breads. I choose the rare days that I moderately indulge in empty carbs, then get right back to the course that I’ve set myself upon. My knees are so much better, even the swelling on my (previously) broken ankle is significantly reduced!! 
The unrelated ulcer is further reducing my food choices, and I bitch every day about this, but I’m on new meds for that and have my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to have coffee, fizzy drinks, spices, and an occasional adult beverage again soon. 

Ok. Back to my TSP, while watching Ink Master on the buzztv android box that Helen sent me. This thing is terrific and I’m likely to subscribe to the live TV option to make watching my sports easier. Thanks Helen - this is epic knitting enabling!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment