Saturday, April 25, 2015

Frolic'ing

As always, had a great time at the Frolic!! Working at The Needle Emporium is a sweet torture; so many gorgeous yarns and enticing colours ... but I wouldn't want to miss it!!

On the way down I amused myself by changing the colours on the ambient lighting in Helens truck.





Then I dozed off. Not really sleeping, but not entirely conscious.
My original bestie Joan was there





to greet us (and treat us to coffee).

Helen & I were on back door duty, making sure that only badged vendors were permitted entry, keeping all the yarny goodness safe. Thank to most vendors, it was good times!






Scored a few skeins of Lambs to the Frolic early on from Indigodragonfly. I was only going to get two, but I couldn't cut one.





A true sock blend, a Bluefaced Leicester that squeals shawl, and the merino/cashmere/silk blend, well, the way the silk takes the dye just a little different than the other fibres just gives it such character!
They sold out at the show, but if you're quick you can buy online

ZigZag Stitches had found Day of the Dead fabric (per Helens request from Knitters Fair last fall) so I totally had to have one of those!!





And the Paris large project bag just would it release my gaze. Unavoidable.

At lunch one of the volunteers came in and showed the door prize that she had won. The stranded cotton intrigued me, so I popped over to Unraveled to have a look. I ended up buying 2 containers to do an Auburn Wave.





Spring colours and cotton yarn should make for a lovely summer shawl!

Swung by Soak to see Jacqueline and restock on Soak.





She is an inspiration - craftily & business-wise.

Remembered to take pics this year with a few people who wandered by!














Afterwards, Helen & I made a detour through East Toronto before heading North and saw this gem.





We each found a book that will be enjoyed and returned.





It was a fun little stop that made is happy.

Home to Lee's, who is preparing a mouth-watering curry as I type. I know, he's a keeper!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment