Saturday, August 20, 2005

Something old, something new

So, up early to go to work. Not much different from everyone else except that I'm excited! I love going to Julies. I haven't been since before we moved and I know that there are new things to be played with. It's a sweet torture having to be there all day but it must be more good than bad because I keep going back.
Today I am going to get that red Naturally sweater sorted out AND I am going to pick out for the latest "must have " from the latest VK - a great Rowan Kid Silk Haze (the aforementioned reinforcing thread) and Rowan Big Wool combo with a large cable up the front. It's #11 for those of you following along at home. I don't think I will go with the orange. Some colours of KSH comes in a handpainted look this fall called Spray - I may have to go with one of those. I have a serious love for most yarns handpainted/variegated. I will update you with the colours when I get home.

On the topic of VK - cable error!!! (#9, right sleeve ... not once, twice) Not that I am perfect, but in a garment going to print it amazes me that these mis-knits go unnoticed and/or unrepaired when so many people have to look and touch these garments. Ah well, I have decided that it makes me feel more human and less of a total screw-up ... and it's like one of those "Where's Waldo" puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment