Thursday, November 1, 2018

New yarn!!!

So excited to have finally ordered from Mothy and the Squid  I’ve been following her on IG for awhile and her poinsettia colour way tipped the balance for me. The sparkly one is for Helen - she *does* love a sparkly anything!! 



I’m going to be swatching - spell check keeps replacing “swatching” with “searching” ... not entirely inaccurate - for a Sweet Spot strip. If it works out, I’ll have to order a couple more skeins. 
Jillian shipped the yarn straight away and it was here in 5 days from the UK!! She also added a little snipper gadget - and you know how much I love my gadgets!! 

I have made some progress on the Trenchcoat socks for Julie. Emily’s yarn is SO soft ... it’s such a pleasure to knit with. 
And the swatch for Hartwist is done and blocked. Julie gave specific instructions that I wasn’t to do 30 swatches as the sweater is quite generous in ease. Did it 1.5!! LOL!!! 


The yarn is a much nicer light denim blue in real life. I haven’t knit in such large needles - 5.5mm/size 9 - in a long time!! This is going to go quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment