Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Time to Spare

I finished the Top Secret Project and it is on its way ahead of the deadline!! Normally I am pushing it close, but I surprised myself with a focused diligence. The Next Projects were on their way, and new projects are highly motivating to finishing. 

The Burberry socks are done and are ready for their Feet. I immediately cast on the next gift socks.
They are Jelly Rolls - they are fun and I am using a couple of new techniques. I tend to not be adventurous with socks, so this a learning opportunity for me. 

Craig and I set out yesterday to pick up another loom. I know - I don’t even know how to weave yet and I now have two looms!! 
My sister tagged me on a Facebook post - it truly was just too good of a deal to pass up waiting to learn how to spin. I will grow into it! 
The Huronia Handweavers meet monthly, every 2nd Tuesday, so I’m going to join up and set to learning a new skill. I’ll start on the Schact and work my way up to the Leclerc
I clearly don’t have enough to do as I am going to have to make time to learn and practice this new art. 

I pulled something in my back on Saturday; it was painful and truly debilitating!! I crawled/dragged myself to the kitchen from the bedroom because I needed pain Rx and fortunately the rum was on the bottom shelf of the fridge so I could wash it down. 
Fortunately Craig was on his way before it happened and I didn’t have long to wait. My phone was out of reach (which rarely happens), but even if I could’ve called someone for help, the doors were locked and the puppies hate everyone. I’m really going to be in trouble if I ever have an actual emergency. He sorted out the puppies and helped to get dinner things ready. Fortunately I was organized and most things were prepped. The T3’s and rum flowed all day and helped me to be vertical, though it was a delicate and cautious vertical. 


The day went well - gifts were practical and thoughtful. Food was seasoned with love and appetite. Having my kids and grandkids under my roof warmed my heart. 

Hopefully I can get in for a massage this week - T3’s and cannabutter take the edge off of the pain, but they aren’t really helping. I stretch gently and am using Icy Hot and A535 sprays liberally. 
Growing older is quite the minefield and I’m clearly too slow to effectively dodge the hazards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment