Saturday, March 31, 2018

Back on the Wagon

I am back on the keto wagon. I have gotten to a point where I’m not happy with my body and have decided to do something about it. Given that my schedule is so irregular and I just don’t make the time for exercise (I chose knitting), a change in the way I eat it is. 

I have done keto before, and it works for me and is a sustainable way of eating for me. It takes a mental discipline - as does any change to ones way of eating - and I am finally there. Yes, working at Dairy Queen certainly challenges my commitment and discipline on the daily hourly, but I’m 4 weeks in and my resolve remains unbroken. 

I am averaging about 2 lbs/week, which is a good sustainable loss. I didn’t take measurements before starting, so I’m going to have to rely on my unreliable sense of how clothes fit to determine inches lost. 

My friend Nicole who hosts a Survivor night that I attend has been super supportive and has cooked keto dinner the last two weeks! I’m making a keto Zappa Toscana for this weeks Survivor night. Ive made it before and Craig and I are both fans. 

Tonight I made a delicious crustless spinach quiche; the leftovers will be perfect for breakfast. 



Craig loved the quiche, but he’s rather easily impressed with my cooking. 2 years in and he still likes my cooking - not a bad sign. I liked it, and I’m a whole lot pickier. 
The cover is a waxed cotton wrap from Labeille  They are local and I love these covers as a replacement for plastic wrap. 
I gave one to my friend Joan and she sent me a link to make my own. Once I’m done my current deadline I’ll definitely be giving it a go. If it’s a success, I’ll share my story and link. If it’s less than successful, I’ll share the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment