Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What the Fade

Spoiler pics below. Though not too spoilery -- I'm back to Clue 1.

OMG - it's been two steps forward and one step back on this and I'm only one Clue in (barely made it into the 2nd Clue). 
Brioche is a half sibling to Knit One Below and I'm aces at that, yet I keep forgetting incs and having to rip back. 






This is the at the end of CLue 1 -- before I was 10 rows deep into Clue 2 and THEN discovered that I was missing !!2!! Increases!! 
Le Grand Sigh 
I love how brioche is reversible - thewrong side is just a non-public side, whichever one the wearer chooses that to be!
I know - crazy!! At this rate I might be caught up in time for Clue 4.

That is my poor Petey in the pic above. He is suffering from The Allergies. I joked early days when he'd sneeze about him having allergies like his mum. Then when he'd bite and scratch at himself, I thought it might just be mosquito bites. 
Then after a day outside, his paws and belly turned pink, he started scratching and biting in earnest, his eyes and muzzle turned pink ... he was an allergic mess. I am loathe to out him on strong anti-histamine or cortisone, so after much consultation with doggie friends who've gone through this and searching my soul in the reflection of his sad little eyes, I am pursuing natural easements, building up his immune system and I have also changed his diet to raw on the outside chance this is a coincidentally occurring food allergy. 
The Cone of Shame has him quite dispirited, but he still has the gumption to bark at John the Landlord and snap at Chica on occasion, so he is not seriously ill. I have ordered an inflatable neck ring that I hope will keep him from reaching his paws, and also return some of his dignity.
All I can say is that I'm thankful that it's not Chica with The Allergies. She's bitchy enough as it is - lol!!

Oh - looky at what Helen sent me!! New to me yarn. 


Okay. Fortunately I close tomorrow - though I am up early to go get my hair did (yes, something new!!), so I am on a mission to knit back to where I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment