Thursday, April 7, 2011

G is for

Grumbling - Stop it!!! Grumbling is just counter-productive. It's whiny and self-pitying and generally unhelpful. If you must, then complain to someone who can do something about your issue(s) or offer a resolution. Better yet, be proactive and find a solution or move on to:

Gratitude Seriously a little goes a long way!! I really think that as a society we have become so accustomed to coveting more - keeping up with the Jones' - that we forget that maybe we are the Jones'!! New & better come so fast & furious that it's impossible to keep up ... wait a minute ... do we really need to keep up? I remind my kids that instead of looking at their friends who have what they perceive to be more and/or better than they do & feeling hard done by, perhaps they should look at their friends who don't have what they do & feel lucky that we've been able to provide them such things.
I admit that I love a new gadget probably more than the next girl and I do love my Bluray player & wouldn't trade my iPhone 4 for anything, but I waited a long time to trade up to that tech and will make it last as long as I can before moving on. Maybe it's because I was raised with very little such things, or because I hate learning how to use new tech or I'd like to believe that I really have enough sometimes and grateful to have what I do.

I'm not against buying new things or having a passion for something(s). Lord knows that would be the pot calling the kettle black!! It's about slowing down sometimes and asking why. Are we looking for the things to fill a hole that things can't fill or expecting happiness from something meant to entertain? Sometimes it's not about the "what" but the "why" and taking the time to find out.

Also, Gertrude, green grass, garnet

2 comments:

  1. happy to donate. you are an inspiration and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude in big gobs, you glorious girl! Keep counting the plusses.

    ReplyDelete