Wednesday, April 6, 2011

F is for

Friends - tried & true, far & near, virtual & in RL.

Fabulous - I got my nails done again (9 of them anyway) and it's amazing how much it lifted my spirits and made me feel fabulous again!!

Freezing - I was always the cold one in the house but since the chemo I've nudged the thermostat from 68 to 69 to 70 and I am still freezing. I have a hot water bottle under my feet, hot drink in my hands, afghans around my legs & an extra sweater on. And I still feel deep down cold. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever really be warm again?

And then there's my favourite F-word (and it's many variations). I try to use it less but sometimes it's just the most perfect way to express the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you just get chilled to the bone you need to bask like a lizard to get your marrow warm again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never give up the word "fuck." It's a truly brilliant word, and since I'm a reporter, I have many occasions to use it.

    I'll sponsor you -- as soon as I get some coffee into me! Bravo for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only it were summer & the basking was easy!! LOL Or I had a heating lamp. I should really invest in an electric blanket but I have a ridiculous fear of being electrocuted in my sleep.

    Thanks Roz!! "Fucktillion" is my fave unvented iteration. I think I was the first to coin it ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:19 PM

    I was always cold until I got past menopause...somehow it reset my thermostat (and I'm not talking about the flashes and sweats) and I seem much warmer these days.

    In that vein I'm sending "warm" thoughts your way.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete