Friday, September 28, 2018

Wonder Woman

It’s been a busy few days at work, then I got stuck into the Cormoran Strike series by JK Rowling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, one more season of Master Chef Australia, then I’ll check out the TV series, Strike. So my knitting has been less than prolific. I am to the ribbing on Humulus, then because it was my birthday on Tuesday, I have decided to finish my Wonder Woman socks before returning to Lynn’s Humulus.I was just at the heel turning point when I realized I had two extra stitches in the heel. I ripped it out right away - it’s kind of just an instinct to me when I’ve made a mistake. In hindsight, the two sts would probably have been if little consequence, but done was done, so I just re-knit the back of the heel. 

Craig bought me more yarn and a really lovely shawl pin for my birthday. I’m personally not much for celebrating it, but how could I not be pleased?!? 
Potlucks - the pink is perfect, though I’m of two minds on the yellow. The more I look at it, the less I am loving it. What do you think?
I did make a cake though, and it’s keto!! The coffee cake has an almost soufflé texture, and it is so moist. Yum!! 
I was quite impressed with it, and Craig was totally blown away with how delicious it was! 

The puppies are little heat pad sucks. Petey has the decency to look a bit bashful, but Chica, the little minx, shamelessly slides over to my spot the second that I stand up!! Lol. 

Tonight I made an old fave for dinner - chicken with a mushroom and bacon cream sauce. 
So delish; I am literally drinking the sauce by the spoonful!! Dinner for days! 




The keto eating is working - I’m down 30+lbs and I actually had to go shopping for jeans. I loathe clothes shopping, but my other pants were beyond too big and while I would like to wear clothes just for comfort, I am conscious of societal norms and do also enjoy looking good in what I wear. So I spent the afternoon trying on countless jeans for work, and came away with a few pairs. With the washing machine at mine now, I don’t need as many pairs, so I’m set for a bit. 
I also had two links taken out of my watch - it was to the point that it was spinning around my wrist!! 
I am proud of myself for making this lifestyle change for me. I feel a lot healthier, and happier with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment