Saturday, September 8, 2018

KW Knitters Fair

I love the yarn shows!!
I get to see friends that I sometimes only see 3 times a year. 
I get to touch the yarns that I see on Instagram and FB, and get to fondle and stroke them lovingly, arranging and re-arranging colour combinations. 
I get inspired and get to inspire. 
Thank you to Julie for allowing me to be a helper at The Needle Emporium booth. The number of samples and range of yarns that she manages to pack in to every show is just amazing!! It is a sweet torture to be so close to such stunning yarns all day. 

My first stop was at Fibremancy to get some stitch markers (that I don’t need but desperately wanted). 
There’s a double of one of these sets for a certain someone wink wink 

I was on a mission to get yarn for the Wonder Woman shawl  We have decided at work to do a superhero theme for Halloween this year, and I immediately called dibs on Wonder Woman since I’m working on the socks and had the shawl in my Ravelry queue. Mission accomplished at Indigo Dragonfly.

The absolute gem today was meeting an old acquaintance. I knew Sheryl when she was a young girl. As I passed by her booth today, peering in to see if there was WW shawl yarn, I met her eyes. There was a flicker of recognition, and I glanced back. I stopped, and she stood up. She looked familiar, but she remembered me first. I knew her from years ago when we lived in Milton. 
Sheryl is now in Midland and a skilled indie dyer with a wide range of yarn weights and colourways. Her company is Essence of Autumn Yarns  It warmed my heart to hear her say that I had inspired her with my knitting ☺️☺️ I bought a skein of her worsted yarn to make an Entrechat for our Mina. 
WOh - speaking of the cutest grand baby in my life!! Snapchat has never been so cute!!

 I spent some time Friday with Kyle and his little family (sans our Amin who was in school) and it did my heart good! I haven’t smiled so much in a long time. She is so alert and telling stories ... she is utterly captivating! And seeing Kyle be a daddy ... fills my heart with such joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment