Tuesday, May 30, 2017

This, that, the other thing

Wow ... it's been like three weeks!! I must have something or two to show for my time. 

I have been working diligently on my Starting Point shawl. This last clue, #3, tested my patience a bit. I love the look of twisted ribbing, but the tediously slow nature of it drives me bonkers!!! I thought about modifying the pattern, but I stuck it out. When I do a MKAL, I stay true to the pattern and trust that the designer has no malicious feelings towards me personally. 
 It's lovely and I'm enjoying the simplicity of the knitting. 

I did set it aside the last couple of days to pull out my Chatelaine Mystery X, Secret Victorian Garden crosss stitch to work on. I love this piece and I feel so artistic when I cross stitch! 
I kind of marathoned it today - but look at the delicate flowers and silver Algerian eyelets in the corner!! 
 
   
I only did the one corner with the Algerian Eyelets; I really need to get back to knitting. The cross stitching is stealthily addictive. "Just one more colour" has never been more of a slippery slope! 

I finished a pair of socks!! 
This has been the first time since I have been knitting socks that I have run out of yarn. I was shocked and disappointed. I dipped into stash for a reddish that worked well, especially since Lang provides a matching reinforcing thread and it provided a continuity that makes the shortage less apparent. 
 
I immediately cast on with yarn that Helen gifted to me from her house hunting trip to Victoria, BC. I know, I'm gutted by the news, but I still have Joan close by and Victoria will be a lovely vacation destination! 

Craig and I enjoyed some of the sun on the weekend. 
 
Sunday was my "go nowhere" day off, so the backyard was as far as we went. 

I think that catches you up! 

I'm going to hit the 2nd triangle of the SP shawl now though ... gotta be ready for Clue #4 on Thursday. It's perfectly set up this week - I finish work at 7, and can maybe beg off early if the clue releases before that. My special kind of crazy may not be fully understood at work, but my enthusiasm is accepted as charming and amusing. Then I have Friday off as well, so I'm well set up for knitterly success!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment