Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Catching up

So Stitches Midwest was awesome - working at the Signature Needle Arts booth, seeing Elise again and the live debut of my Sweetspot afghans. They were very well received and I've been doing more swatching with more yarn. My last blog was from my iPod & for some reason it wouldn't let me type out an actual post.Cathy, Daniella & Laura were as awesome as ever and really made me feel at home in the booth. 5'5.5" has never felt tall to me until I looked at this picture.

I've got to give a shout-out to Mary - it was so nice to meet you Big Hug


I got a mug from Starbucks that people sign, then you bake in a low-temp oven and it's good to use & put in the dishwasher. It's filled in nicely!!


Work has been kicking my ass since school started up again. We've been scrambling to cover routes so I've been driving more days than not and with the new office set-up and phone system the 10-12 hour days that I've been putting in have been just keeping my head above the ocean of paper, but it's been seriously cutting into my knitting time and I'm starting to feel like a soulless automaton.
But I have finished putting together the squares for Luke's blanket for Cindy and I'm finally making good inroads on the Leaf Motif Jacket (#31) from the winter Vogue Knitting.

Kerwyn has had a few promising interviews and we've got our Fingers Crossed. The gods have been cruel enough for long enough I think.

Oh yeah - The Amazing Race starts up again tonight and yes, I'll be there watching it with you & blogging it. I don't have a favourite team yet, we'll see how the first leg goes.

I hit the big 40 on Friday and I don't feel older (well, not most days). I feel like I'm really starting to hit my stride and find my place in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment