Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Summing up a Week

Wow - a short work week & a long weekend just flew by!!! I have been a bit lazy about my knitting - enjoying the calm before the hectic deadlines I guess.
I have pretty much finished all of my swatches and notes for my Frolic classes - now I can just focus o
n not thinking about being nervous. lol

Kyle's sweater is coming along nicely. He has allowed that "it feels nice" followed by the skeptical "it doesn't look very big". I assured him that the whole is more than the sum of its parts, then translated for him. "The pieces always look too small. It will be as big as
your white sweatshirt". Indecipherable mumble " 'k".

The
force is strong in you my young swatch. You have blocked well. Be mindful of your gauge as we go forth into the shawl.

We seem to have a
couple of neighbourhood bunnies. I saw them zip across the road and play tag around my front yard when I came home from doing grocery last Thursday. I dug out my camera (fast like a bunny) and hoped that they wouldn't dart away before I could take a picture. While I didn't get a picture of the two of them together, I was able to get several great pictures. Poor things are a little scrawny - must have been a tough winter - but look at those big brown eyes! I think that I will have to leave out some carrots & celery for them.

10 comments:

  1. Don't feel nervous. Just imagine all of your students in their underwear. It's supposed to work. LOL

    Cute bunnies! Better than the family of raccoons, possums and gophers I have visiting. Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Wow gurl, you're swatch looks great.

    And good luck in the finishing class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I came here for a reason:) I really needed to hear the line about how "the whole is more than the sum of the parts" as I just finished the back of a sweater for myself and it seems impossibly teensy. Of course, being 7+ months pregnant might have a little something to do with that.

    You'll be fine at the Frolic. I was reading the descriptions of the classes and wish I could be there to take yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lace pattern. Can't wait to see the finished shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunnies! So cute ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bunnies. My parents have a bunny in their yard ... it sleeps under their bird bath.

    The swatch looks great. My hubby will be excited when I tell him that there is indeed a link between Star Wars and Knitting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Wannietta,
    don't be imagining your students in their underwear - I'm going to be one of them!
    I'll be in the 3:45 Neckline and Buttonhole class - may or may not be wearing my Canadian Team Jersey, but will have my bright yellow "I KNIT" bag.
    I've done my homework! see you tomorrow,
    Sandra (Olympic Florence Scarf)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star wars can be connected to almost everything!
    Cool Sandra - I look forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still thrilling over my pretty single buttonhole. Thanks again!
    What cool little bunnies. How lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute bunnies! :)

    I was admiring your lace pattern- very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete