Monday, March 18, 2019

Mama needs a new pair of socks

I’m blocking out my Throwback before I continue. Best to find out now if it’s a giant swatch - lol. 










I know about the magic of blocking, but I’m still impressed at how much it improves a wip!! This is looking so excellent - I have impressed myself with the spincycle dream state colours that I picked!! (Shades of Earth, Robin’s Egg, and Melancholia) Maybe it’s just how they line up from where I started them from the balls, but they contrast and complement each other nicely. The light blue of the woolstok is more challenging to capture, but it’s a perfect foil for the more intense colouring in the patterning. 
It’s just finishing up drying, so I’ve managed to get the 1st Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock socks done and started on the 2nd.
My go-to sock needles - 2.5mm Signature Needles - are showing some wear. 







No noticeable impact on feel or function, but you can certainly tell that they are my faves!! 

I have also cast on for my go-to baby gift for Jenny’s next child. 
While I am generally more of a natural fibre lover, I have to give props to Bernat Blanket for being a fantastic yarn for (baby) blankets. It just wears and washes so well, great colour range, and I just enjoy knitting with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment