Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Domestic

This was a busy day - Staples, Costco, massage. In between Costco and the massage I spent :45 mins portioning and vacuum sealing all the meat that I bought at Costco. 
Since I was a kid, I’ve always had at least one freezer (and the tiny one above the fridge doesn’t count). It’s a great way to take advantage of sales, put down veg/fruit for the off season, save leftovers and prep meals. It’s a frugal necessity. 
When I moved out on my own after The Separation, I bought a food saver since I couldn’t possibly use the meat before it was freezer burnt beyond usefulness. 
For the life of me, I don’t know why I didn’t buy one sooner!! Costco should offer these up as a membership incentive. 
I saved $10 on $80 worth of meat and that represents 16 meals worth of meat, each meal with leftovers. Knowing that the meat will be good for months and that I’m
not wasting the savings has paid for the machine multiple times over. After 7 (8?) years, it’s still realiable. The little accessory that seals special bags no longer works, but it was a nice-to-have extra, not essential to the machine itself. 
I normally buy boneless skinless chicken breasts  I know, not super economical, but my fave. Costco had thighs on sale so I changed up my go-to. I took the skins off to freeze them and I remembered that the chefs on Masterchef Australia often crisped them up and it was a bit of a treat. So I did a Google after my massage and came up with this recipe. 
O. M. G. So delish!!!

I have gotten more done on my sock - no 2nd sock syndrome here!!
Yes, that’s my comfort pile beside where I sit. lol I like to have my projects to hand; it just makes me more calm to be close to all my favourite things. 
I’ve only had one day off, but it’s felt like two even though I’ve been busy. Days like these are truly gifts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment