Monday, August 4, 2014

Bloggable

July was a challenging month.
The weather has not been kind to my head, but I have meds and a drug plan so I shan't complain over much.
Amanda has been struggling. She's had much to deal with the last few years and has kept so much bottled up for so long. And of course being a teenager is not making it easier. But she comes from intelligent and sturdy stock and we are getting through a day at a time.

On the good news front, I have finished one of the mystery projects and am onto Irish Coffee by babycocktails out of Steamer Trunk by Mrs Crosby for Julie.


Top down, that's the v opening on the neck.

I have been remoted (promoted to the job that I previously had; yes, I unvented the word) to Dept Mgr!! I have Crafts & Stationery - I know, perfect for me!! It's not great yarn but it is yarn nonetheless and all the other crafty things!

The puppies are doing very well and Toby is a good big brother to them.









They are such fun - a lot of work, but I get so much pleasure from their antics and company. They have been a good bit of comfort and distraction for Amanda as well and she has been so good helping with their training.
They have such distinct little personalities as well. Chica is a little whirlwind, initiating most of the play and is always the one leading them into trouble. Petey is a chill guy, much more laid back and easy going but so eager to please.
Chica absolutely worships Toby! She pesters him relentlessly and collapses into submission trying to win his approval. Toby is alternately irritated by her then protective when he thinks that Petey is hurting her when they play.

We had a bit of a hail storm the other day!


Some of the pieces were the size of a small marble!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you! Love the new puppies! Amanda is young...and hopefully you can get her to let it all out.....in a good way!

    She should learn to knit!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she knows! ;) She's all sorts of crafty just doesn't find the solace and joy in it. Yet.

    ReplyDelete