Monday, August 17, 2009

Next!

So I finished the Candy Stripe Jacket - including the i-cord all the way around the bottom - blocked out the collar and then totally forgot to take a picture of it before I sealed up the box. I know ... how do I even dress myself in the morning & hold down a real job?!? I'm sure that Julie will oblige with a picture when it arrives tomorrow or the next day.

There was a small error in the pattern - I've sent an email to Spud & Chloe, but for anyone else making it, it may save you a "wtf?" moment.

The final instruction on the Back Neck and Shoulder Shaping reads:

Next Row (RS): BO 4(5, 5, 6, 8)sts at armhole edge twice, then 5(6, 6, 7, 7)sts 4 times, and AT THE SAME TIME, BO 2 sts at each neck edge once.

There just are not enough stitches to do this and it would not match the shoulder shaping on the front pieces.

It should read:

Next Row (RS): BO 4(5, 5, 6, 8)sts at armhole edge once, then 5(6, 6, 7, 7)sts twice, and AT THE SAME TIME, BO 2 sts at each neck edge once.

Otherwise it was a very enjoyable project and the yarn is wonderful to knit with! I, the professional yarn vacuum, even managed to do the M in with 5 skeins!

ETA: I received the following response from Spud & Chloe. I was apparently confused by the RS part of the instructions, when they were instructions for both sides of the body.
Next Row (RS): BO 4 (5, 5, 6, 8) sts at armhole edge twice, then 5 (6, 6, 7, 7) sts 4 times, and AT THE SAME TIME, BO 2 sts at each neck edge once. *you should bind off 8 (10, 10, 12, 16), then 20 (24, 24, 28, 28), and 4.
Perhaps the confusion may have come in with the first part of this row where it indicates to bind off 4 (5, 5, 6, 8) sts at armhole edge twice. This means each armhole edge once.


Knit One Below will never lose it's appeal for me. I have cast on a new pair of socks for Elise that I will deliver, in person, at Stitches Midwest. I'm so excited about this show - another opportunity to visit with Elise in person, getting to work with Laura & Daniella and the incomparable Signature Needles (yes my eagle-eyed reader, those are Signature DPN in my sock!) and the chance to see, touch and buy yarns that we don't see way up here.

I brought Amanda and a friend to work with me on Friday. They hung around for a bit, then walked to the town pool for an afternoon of swimming then a Blizzard. While they were at the office Amanda showed Jodi how to make paper picture frames.
Amanda is awesome at making them & they are totally cool. Poor Jodi was a good sport but I don't think that origami is quite her thing!
Amanda also got new glasses. Actually it's more of new prescription - she has been coveting Kyle's (very) old frames a
nd remarkably enough Iris was able to put new lenses for Amanda in them!
Amanda has been saying for a couple of months that she doesn't need her glasses any more, that she sees just fine. I countered with, "No one has such a bad astigmatism that they need a patch and then, in two years, are miraculously cured. Wear the glasses, I'll make an appointment with the optometrist." It's not so much as I was wrong as I was not as right as I might have been. Amanda adamantly and doggedly debates this point. She does still need glasses, but only for serious distance - back of the classroom with fine print on the board, movie theatres, etc.

Doesn't she really look like a mini-me with those frames? With the attitude that she is developing along with the knitting skills ... at least she got some of her dad's looks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment