Thursday, March 28, 2019

Staycation Day 4

In which our knitter does in fact stay. 

I can’t wait to go to bed tonight. I did laundry today, braved to threat of rain, and hung my laundry outside to dry. I am rewarded with the enticing scent of fresh air and I know that I will sleep especially well tucked into clean, outdoor-fresh bedding. 

I started on the Throwback sleeves today. I was going to do them back and forth so as to not bugger up my tension. I really like maintaining a technique throughout a garment to avoid any potential for gauge deviation. I added 2 stitches to account for the seaming, and was set. But it just seemed slow and I just wasn’t feeling it. So I picked up the 2nd sleeve with a size larger needle (to account for the lack of a slighter looser purl row) and set to magic looping. 
Remarkably enough, I was enjoying this more! Tension is good and I was 20cm in when I started thinking that the instructions were making for a rather long sleeve. 
Sure enough, on closer examination, the cuff is generously turned back. So I needed to think about whether I wanted that look or not. I was really at a point where I needed to decide so that I wouldn’t have to rip out too much before recalculating decreases. 

I tried it on. And thought about what I was going to do about the front band treatment (I’m likely going with buttonholes), and what kind of buttons I was picturing and how I might want the sleeves to look with that. So many decisions!!! 
Decision made - I’m carrying on with the longer sleeves. I ripped out the 1st sleeve and the relief that I felt reassured me that I did the right thing. 


It wasn’t a lot, but backwards is backwards. But I’m generally quite philosophical about ripping out and am quite content to reknit. 

I was going to grill tonight, the handle on the propane tank utterly refused to budge!! I’ll have to enlist my landlords help tomorrow; he’ll def have whatever wrench I/we need to crank that loose. Disappointed, but I cooked inside and am quite satisfied. 

Now to resist the scent of bed and knit for a bit longer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment