Saturday, March 30, 2019

Staycation Day 3 & 5

I skipped my best day of all!! I visited with my grand babies on Wednesday. Ramina was being a bit grumpy - just a tiny nap then fighting sleep like a trooper. I brought all my Nana skills to bear. She would snuggle in to me, deeply relaxed as I walked and bounced and hummed, but she wouldn’t leave for the Land of Nod. But my heart was filled with baby snuggles and that is priceless!! I also got a fair bit knit on Veronica’s socks. She chose grey as her colour, and as soon as she said that, my mind went immediately to my stash. I finally used one of the skeins of Lorna’s Laces 50 Skeins of Grey collection. This one is Christian. It will be perfect! 

Yesterday I knit the neck and front bands on my Throwback  I decided to add buttonholes as it is unlikely that I will wear it just open all the time. I’m imagining leather covered “grandpa’s sweater” buttons, but that may change when I start trying buttons on. 
I picked up the neckband with the pickup seam on the inside (traditional) and again with it on the outside (as instructed) and decided that I did prefer it showing. I love having time to experiment! 


Notice my helper? He got a bit enthusiastic with his helping (which was, in fact, not helping) so I had to do a little fixing yesterday as well. 

There’s a bit of bagging below the yoke at the back - I’m hoping that resolves with blocking. 

Overall I’m chuffed with the colours and fit. It’s been awhile since I’ve knit an actual sweater that’s a bit fitted for myself, so this has been fun! 
I’m hoping to get the last sleeve knit today and get the sweater blocked tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment