Friday, April 12, 2019

So Sweet

I have been powering along on my Lolo Sweet Spot Strip!! I’m just over 300 rows into a 500 row stretch. I’m not gonna lie - I’m feeling like I might be playing yarn chicken at the end. Fingers crossed.  

There are times when there is a row or two where there is no blue, so I just trust my tension and then it catches up. It’s like a creek (my granny would’ve called it a “crick”) meandering and skipping through river pebbles. This is a lovely colour to finish up with. 

I couldn’t help it though. I had wound up the Leo & Roxy  ystery club skeins and they’ve been singing an enticing siren song to me. 
I am weak. I just had to cast on and swatch, if for nothing else than to find the Sweet Spot
Every time I cast on a new yarn, I have a small doubting Thomas part of me that says, “This is the one Wannietta. This is the one that will defy your assertion that every indie yarn has a Sweet Spot.” January has short dye stretches and I was questioning whether this one would be That One. But I trusted my process and I could feel it starting. Kind of like The Quickening from Highlander. I don’t even know how to explain the pleasure and satiafaction that I get from seeing this magic happen!! Random, random, less random, something happening, boom!! 

So now I can go back to my Lolo strip and finish it. Yes. Resolve Wannietta, focus!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment