Monday, November 19, 2007

No Longer a Wollmeise Virgin


Now I know what all the fuss is about!!!
I'm sure that you've heard the name Wollmeise in your blog reading and Ravelry wanderings. I did and after much thought and consideration I caved ordered.

I was actually surprised when I picked this up at the post office - the order was shipped the day after I ordered it and 8 days (actual days not business days) from Germany to Angus!! Their customer service is top-notch.
I ordered a set of their sample skeins
- because they offer light, medium and dark tones for all of their colours I thought that it would be excellent to have this "shade card". The sample skeins are all in the medium tone. Aren't they wonderful?!? Since I was ordering, I added in a skein of Dark Dani & Dark am kalten Polar. You may want to prepare yourself for the depth of the Dark - it might just take your breath away. Here they are beside the medium sample skein for comparison.

Dark Dani


Dark am kalten Polar

I warned you - the colours are so deep and rich that the rest of the world starts looking pale if I look at them too long. I can't wait to start a pair of socks with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment