Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Catching Up

Every feel like this? It happens to all of us. But cream rises to the top and I'm happy to say that I am still afloat.

After a giant, mind-blowing set back I have completed rnd 119 on Jenna's sweater. (And when I say "mind-blowing" I mean that smoke came out of my ears, my eyes watered and when I sneezed ... well those last 2 symptoms may be The Allergies starting up, but at the time I thought it was my mind actually blowing!) I'm telling you, this sweater is gorgeous! Not meaning to be a knit-tease, but you are going to want to get your hands on this book (No Sheep for You) if for no other project than this one. (I have no idea what the other projects are like, so this is a real out-on-a-limb statement - but I stand by it)

I swatched for a new sweater for Fiona - this one is for a yarn company so I'm not sure what in what format it will be available. An interesting pattern - I'm looking forward to really getting into it after I'm done Elise's sweater. Don't get all excited about the big picture or try to over-analyze the swatch - this is the wrong side!

Kerwyn arrived back home safely and spent the weekend un-jetlagging. I think that this 1 week stint was harder on him than the 2 week ones. He was just getting into the time change in China when it was time to come home and re-adjust. Kyle mowed & trimmed the lawn so Kerwyn really had the long weekend off.

If knitting goes the way that I have it planned I am going to take most of Friday off and get my hair done. My roots are nasty and the grey is tragically obvious. Hey, I'm allowed this vanity. It takes so long because I go down to my cousin Pam in Kitchener - about a 2.5 hour drive. We make a day of it and as I only go every 4-5 months it's not as bad as it sounds.SmileyCentral.com

Thanks to Roxie for knowing the name of that pink stuff for kids (of all ages) to see how well they brushed. It's called dental discovery tablets/liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment